- This event has passed.
April 21 @ 11:00 am - 12:45 pm| Free
We’re excited to announce some of the featured speakers:
- Prof. Aggrey Ambali, Head, Science, Technology and Innovation Hub, African Union Development Agency
- Mr. Oumar Diop, Senior Policy Officer, Department of Social Affairs, African Union Commission (Ethiopia)
- Dr. Anne Makena, Programme Coordinator, Africa Oxford Initiative, University of Oxford
- Prof. Tumani Corrah, Director, Africa Research Excellence Fund and Director, Africa Research Development, Medical Research Council UK
- Prof. Alex Ezeh, Professor of Global Health, Drexel Dornsife School of Public Health, Drexel University (USA)
- Dr. Catherine Kyobutungi, Executive Director, African Population and Health Research Centre (APHRC) (Kenya)
- Dr. Samia Chasi, Strategic Advisor, International Education Association of South Africa (IEASA) (South Africa)
- Dr. Zubairu Wai, Associate Professor, Dept. of Political Science and Centre for Critical Development Studies, University of Toronto Scarborough (Canada)
- Ms. Nolwandle Lembethe, Lecturer, Department of Philosophy, North West University (South Africa)
- Prof. Divine Fuh, Director, Institute for Humanities Africa, University of Cape Town (South Africa)
The Perivoli Africa Research Centre (PARC) represents the University of Bristol‘s cross-disciplinary commitment to championing transformation in research and partnership to advance Africa’s achievement of its own aspirations.
To mark its Launch, PARC is convening key academics, civil society, development and technical partners, and regional policy makers to critically discuss:
- required shifts in the global North – Africa research endeavour,
- starting points and frames of reference for such change, and
- necessary steps to move towards it.
Active audience participation through questions and comments, will inform and shape the discussions.
For tickets, please register here.